Learn from the experts: Join A-Check Global & AppleOne Employment Services for a Special Complimentary Luncheon Presentation Thursday December 4th at A-Check’s headquarters in Riverside, CA. Attendees will earn 2.0 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. View Event Flyer (PDF) Continue reading “HR Luncheon Event: What Employers Need to Know About Background Checks, Drug Screening and E-Verify / Form I-9 Compliance”
Large Law Firms in the United States specializing in class action claims have discovered a lucrative revenue stream – Employers that violate the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the federal legislation that outlines the process for obtaining and utilizing consumer reports.
There have been an estimated 27 such class action lawsuits in 2014 – close to 40 over the last three years – regarding violations of the FCRA. The majority of these lawsuits are attributed to failures in two important steps in the process – Authorization and Adverse Action. Continue reading “FCRA Compliance More Important Now than Ever For U.S. Employers”
Recorded: Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Duration: 1 hour plus 15 minutes Q&A
View Recording of Webinar and Q&A Session
Download documents featured in the webinar below:
- HiW007 – Compliance Made Easy – State Scorecard (PDF)
- NELP Background Screening (PDF)
- Ban the Box Legislation Update (PDF)
- Background Screening Authorization Form Kit – U.S. (MS Word)
- Pre-Adverse Communication Letter – New 11-2014 (MS Word)
- Compliance Webinar Presentation (PDF)
THIS EVENT IS BOOKED TO CAPACITY. If you would liketo be added to the waiting list, please contact us. Should cancellations occur, we will contact you by September 26th.
Join A-Check and AppleOne Employment October 1st for a complimentary luncheon presentation at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse in La Jolla, one of San Diego’s best eateries. Learn about compliant employee screening practices with emphasis on California’s unique employer requirements. Attendees will earn 2.0 (General) credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Learn more: HR Luncheon Flyer (PDF)
Agenda – Learn About
• Compliant employment screening practices, with emphasis on California.
• Compliance with FCRA applicant disclosure & reporting requirements.
• Responsibilities of information providers and end users of consumer reports under FCRA.
• Overview of applicable regulatory bodies and Risks to non-conforming employers.
• Use of credit reports in the hiring process. Continue reading “Complimentary HR Luncheon – Background Screening Compliance: Best Practices for California Employers”
Is your organization in compliance with Form I-9 requirements? Would your Form I-9 records stand up to an audit by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) or Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)?
According to Thomas Brechtel, Executive Vice President of A-Check partner Form I-9 Compliance, 80-90 percent of Form I-9s processed by employers contain at least one significant error that places the employer at risk of fines, debarment and even arrest.
“What employers need to understand is these ‘paperwork’ violations can result not just in monetary penalties, but also in actual criminal prosecution,” Brechtel said. “Compliance with this process is not optional, it’s critical.”
On April 30, 2009, ICE and HSI rolled out a revised worksite enforcement strategy. The strategy prioritizes the use of criminal prosecutions against the Employer. In 2012, the latest year for which figures are available, ICE has published the following “Accomplishments”: Continue reading “Most Form I-9s Filed Away in HR Departments Contain Errors that Put Employers at Risk”