We would like to extend our warmest wishes for a healthy and happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for the continued opportunity to serve your background and drug screening needs.
Please make note of our hours of operation during the Holiday:
- Wednesday, November 27: 6:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Thursday, November 28: Closed in observance of Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 29: Closed for system maintenance
Drug collection facilities may also have adjusted hours during this time. Applicants should contact their facility to confirm collection hours prior to visiting on these dates.
A-Check Global will return to full business operations beginning Monday, December 2.
Chances are you’re considering the California Consumer Privacy Act and its impact on not only your organization but also on policies and processes of your business partners. Rest assured—as you’ll read below—A-Check (as a consumer reporting agency) is committed to data protection and already complies with the majority of California resident rights under CCPA legislation.
Here’s a very quick, high-level summary. The CCPA provides:
- Rights to California Residents when it comes to the buying and selling of their personal information, including notices, right to delete, right to access, etc.
- Requirements for businesses that meet the definition of a “Business” in civil code 1798.140 (exceeding $25M in revenue and/or collecting personal information of more than 50,000 people) – requirements include Data Security, Breach Notification, and administration of the rights of residents of CA (explained above).
However, the CPPA also includes exceptions for both employers and consumer reporting agencies reducing the responsibilities of each entity:
1798.145 – Interaction with other statutes, rights, and obligations
(d) This title shall not apply to the sale of personal information to or from a consumer reporting agency if that information is to be reported in, or used to generate, a consumer report as defined by subdivision (d) of Section 1681a of Title 15 of the United States Code, and use of that information is limited by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. Sec. 1681 et seq.).
The exceptions for employers and CRAs exclude these two entities from administering an applicant’s rights e.g., deletion of data. However both are still required to comply with the Data Security and Breach notification requirements.
However, as a CRA, A-Check Global already complies with the majority of California Resident Rights under the CPPA legislation:
- A-Check staffs a dedicated Compliance Team that handles all consumer requests for corrections, copies, full file disclosures, and requests for deletion of personal information*
A-Check’s Data Security Strategy includes a robust Information Security Policy based on the NIST Framework and a Data Security Team comprised of members of A-Check’s Staff – Executive Management, Compliance, Marketing, Development, and Infrastructure that meet bimonthly
- A-Check requires a contract and data security assessment with all vendors that A-Check shares PII Information with
- The new CCPA calls for an opt out button for consumers to opt out of having their information sold, however A-Check does not sell personal data for any reason, therefore the button is not necessary to our process
- A-Check’s systems do not discriminate between applicants utilizing the system – no preferential treatment whatsoever
- A-Check can only process a background check on a person under the age of 18 with consent from a guardian
*A-Check is required by the ICRAA to archive all information utilized to produce a consumer report for a period of 2 years, therefore we will not be able to immediately honor requests for deletion from consumers.
What is required of clients:
- Compliance with Notice requirement 1798.100 of the legislation and Disclosure requirement 1798.110 of the legislation; and
- Compliance with all Data Security and Breach Notification of the law
We’re here to help!
877.345.2021 | email@example.com
A-Check will be performing a significant, scheduled maintenance to all A-Check systems between Thursday, November 28 – Sunday, December 1, 2019. Please make a note, as throughout this down time, there will be no (or limited) access to the following A-Check systems:
- A-Check Direct (ACD)
- ATS Integrations
- My A-Check (Candidate Portal)
Please note: As needed, we will be happy to work with you to extend the dates of “my A-Check” candidate invitations expiring during system maintenance.
As always, we value your business and sincerely thank you for your patience during this important system maintenance. If you have any questions prior to this upcoming maintenance window, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We’re here to help!
877.345.2021 | firstname.lastname@example.org
As an HR professional, it’s increasingly likely that you’ll be tasked with evolving your workforce to accommodate the gig economy . . . that is, if you aren’t already doing so within your organization. The gig economy is here to stay, and although there are challenges when employing contractors and freelancers, there are also a lot of advantages.
At A-Check, we also keep a close eye on the evolution of the gig economy, and recently found a quick read by Forbes Council Member Paul Phillips discussing the role of HR in this ever-changing workforce landscape:
Ensure your recruiting is moving at the same pace as your top talent. There’s no quicker way to get your next hire to look elsewhere than to subject them to a long drawn out employment process. The same goes for the speed and efficiency of your training/development once you make the hire.
It’s not just about making a great employee want to come back the next time they’re needed—it’s also about turning them into raving fans who share their experience with friends and family.
You don’t have a choice. Business models are changing, and your HR policies need to position your organization as dynamic, agile, and a good target for top talent.
The full article can be found here.
We are here to help!
If you have questions about your current screening program, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Contact A-Check Global here to get started.